Layout variable is set.
And it took five lines of code. >.< That’s embarrassing.
For this to make sense, let starts from the start.
On Monday during our hangout we decided to make a crude version of the GPML uploader for GraphSpace. We know that the graph is randomly generated every time we upload it but we can’t afford to do this with GPML so we decided to set a default layout when we are uploading it.
Parsing the GPML was the easy part which was done without any problems. But then came the hiccup, setting the layout variable. I had a rough idea how to proceed on this and so I proceeded to do the straight forward thing. BUT, I couldn’t make it work
Well, then started the frustrating part, combing through the codebase to pin point the problem. I wasted a lot of time on that
Well now we can upload GPML file and GraphSpace will recognize the DataNode fields as nodes of a graph. Currently I have hard coded the layout for testing purpose. I’ll update the code to use the x, y coordinates as specified in the GPML file.
But it works 🙂
There are still a lot of things I need to discuss with my mentors.
We will probably have a better working uploader for GPML next week 🙂